Along with the American Association of Orthodontists, we recommend a child receive their first orthodontic screening by the age of 7. Though an orthodontist can enhance a smile at any age, an early evaluation ensures the greatest result! Many children will not be ready for orthodontic treatment until they are older. However, for certain conditions there are several benefits to your child having early orthodontic treatment, including:
- Allows us to monitor growth and development while your child still has baby teeth.
- Allows us an opportunity to detect any potential problems early and determine the best time to begin treatment.
- Reduces need for tooth extraction.
- Creates facial symmetry through influencing jaw growth.
- Preserves space for unerupted teeth.
- Creates room for crowded and erupting teeth.
- Prevents and/or manages bad bites/malocclusions.
- Reduces potential risk of trauma to protruded front teeth.
Early screenings allow us to determine the most beneficial time to begin treatment and to ensure your child receives the appropriate treatment that will deliver optimal results. And, best of all, these examinations are FREE!
Today’s Orthodontic Treatment….Mom’s Report
Research conducted by the American Association of Orthodontists reports:
- 86% of mothers think that braces are cooler nowadays than when they were young.
- 81% say their kids orthodontic experience ranges from positive to extremely positive!
- 78% believe that braces are one of the best investments a parent can provide.
Overall, these mothers were impressed with the improvements in orthodontics that have led to a better and more relaxed experience, offices that create fun and friendly atmospheres with video games and cafés and, most of all, technologies that foster the creation of a beautiful smile that lasts a lifetime!